Register an application
A Karotz application is composed by several types of elements : a profile to fill in the lab form, and a zip file that contain the application code source.
A new application profile
First, you need to create the profile of your new application. Clic on the button “Register an application” or here
You have to fill the form whith :
- an application name (this name must be unique in each Ztore : FRA, GBR, …). The name can’t be change after registration. Be careful!
- the category of the application (multimedia, my daily, …)
- a short and a long description
- a path to application icon (64×64 pixels, JPG, GIF or PNG)
- the Ztore where the application will be published
Just clic on the “Save button” and your application will be registered.
Dashboard : list of your applications
Back to the dashboard, you will see your new application in the list.
You can get here some information about your application :
- icon, name, and Ztore.
- the API key. It is a unique key for each application.
- the Secret key. used to sign your calls.
- each different version of your application. You can get the zip file for a version by clicking on it.
- status of the application :
- PRIVATE : your app is not available on the Ztore. You can test it on your rabbit or allow your friend to test it withe a simple weblink (see below)
- ENABLED : your app is available on the Ztore (not available now for developpers)
Some button allow you to edit your application :
- Edit details : edit the category, descriptions, icon
- Upload code : provide the application zip and a change log
- Make private : you can change application status
- Test ! : install your application on your Karotz or give the link to your friends
Create the application package
Each application is packaged as a zip file.
The application must contain at least one xml configuration file : descriptor.xml
In the descriptor you define the deployment of your application, there is 2 kind of deployment:
- external: for applications execute outside the Karotz, application must use the REST API.
This file contain meta informations for the application.
<descriptor> <version>version</version> <accesses> <access>tts</access> </accesses> <deployment>external</deployment> <callback>http://...</callback> </descriptor>
a minimal descriptor.xml
- version : current version (0.0.1, …)
- accesses : security policy : list of accesses for Karotz features you want to use. (this list will appear on Ztore) : led, ears, button, tts, webcam, asr, multimedia, rfid, http, file, serial.
- editor : Name of the editor. By default: the editor name will be First Name + Last Name of your account.
- asrName : asr command. By default: the asr command will be the application name
- deployment : deployment type. Can be “external” or “hosted” (default)
- multiConf : The application can have one or more configuration. (in the configuration panel of the Karotz) “true” or “false” (default)
- parameters : list of static parameters (not implemented now)
- interruptible : The application can be interruped by another. “true” or “false” (default) (not implemented now)
- awake : The application can wake Karotz. “true” or “false” (default) (not implemented now)
- callback : Callback url for “external” application
<descriptor> <version>current version</version> <accesses> <access>tts</access> <access>button</access> <access>...</access> </accesses> <editor>editorName</editor> <asrName>asrName</asrName> <deployment>typeOfDeployment</deployment> <multiConf>true</multiConf> <parameters> <parameter key="paramKey" value="paramValue"/> </parameters> <interruptible>boolean</interruptible> <awake>boolean</awake> <callback>http://callback_url</callback> </descriptor>
a more complex descriptor.xml
If your application need some user parameters you can define a screen.xml
|Abonnement au groupe KarotzDev|
|Visiter ce groupe|